• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pillthrill

Bluelighter
1. I went to the dentist and they told me I had a case of gingivitis from not getting my lower teeth on the sides enough, close enough to the gums. Well this causes some bleeding... and it fucking hurts to bush over it all the time and try to use Listerine to try to cure the condition. What can I do. I mean that shit fucking hurts.

2. I got burnt in a tanning bed. I'm using pure aloe, my plant needed trimmed anyway. As well as lotion, but its itchy and if it itch it then it hurts. I can't win. lol Any suggestions?

Thanks.

brush your teeth
floss
mouthwash
don't go to tanning beds (get your sunshine outside like a normal person)

I am doing that, trying to be better about it. BUT it hurts like a bitch! I know how to fix it. But I don't want to cause it hurts.
Its winter here, there is no sun. And it makes me feel better about myself at the moment...

I do this when I used to get extremely sunburned in the past (think! trying to walk to an island that is miles away from the shore in the middle of summer *rolls eyes*) without adequate sunblock (never again!) PT you can try this, it really worked for me (and a couple of my friends )
Draw a lukewarm bath and fill it with two cups of apple cider vinegar. Soak in this for twenty minutes. Afterwards, rub coconut oil over your whole body. Within minutes, and I mean minutes, I did not feel the sunburn pain anymore. I was still extremely red and peeling for weeks, but it was not painful, nor itchy.

Try it.

while you're at the rubbing coconut oil in your skin part, you might as well post more beautiful shots of your body in the lounge for us <3

coconut oil + beautiful girl + camera = COMPLETE AWESOMENESS! <3

^ A few pictures would be nice =D

I'd say Lay off the pop or any sugary beverages. There is way too much sugar in that stuff imo. A while back my dentist "assistant" told me I had gingivitis. But after a few months of constant brushing and flossing they didn't mention it again so I guess I'm okay. So just keep up the oral hygiene and I'm sure you'll be fine.

As for the tanning bed incident... I have no idea what to say. just get the real sun beams from now on.

while you're at the rubbing coconut oil in your skin part, you might as well post more beautiful shots of your body in the lounge for us <3

coconut oil + beautiful girl + camera = COMPLETE AWESOMENESS! <3

edit: no insults please

In response to the other questions:

Brush two times a day. Floss once a day at least. Use mouth wash every day. Better yet, get the "ACT anti-cavity" rinse and use that once per day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets get back on topic. So, what do you think of the other suggestions here PT?

Defo got nicer teeths than myself and most of the teeth i see on a day to day basis.

Lovely skin too<3

Last edited:
Lets get back on topic. So, what do you think of the other suggestions here PT?
Well the dental stuff it what I'm already doing. I just had to pay mroe attention to the gum line. Now I'm dealing with pain, plus I'm whitening too which doesn't help the sensitivity anyway. I know I know, I should not do it if it bothers me. But its something for me and kinda a big deal at the moment. So what Ibuprofen or what?

Other than that, sounds good. Sadly I doubt there will be any pictures.

my dentist recommended ACT

(btw I totally thought emperorofusa was being sarcastic)

Pillthrill, what about your skin? Are you going to try out the apple cider vinegar and coconut oil thingy? Or are you feeling better already?

I use a Listerine thing that is supposed to be a anti-cavity thing now. same thing?
No I haven't yet. I need to get the oil. What do you think, would Vitamin E oil do the same that. I have that around the house now.

(Mods: Thank you for the edit. :) )

I use a Listerine thing that is supposed to be a anti-cavity thing now. same thing?

I'm not 100% sure but I know that when I saw my dentist bc my gums were bleeding and hurting like hell they told me ACT is the best to use for gingivitis...so from what I gather its not quite the same as listerine.

It used to be the case that many lotions had lanolin, seems like this is not the case much anymore. Lanolin makes sunburn hurt worse so check ingrediants of any thing you put on.
Vinegar has worked very well for me.

I know people who have been told to gargle with diluted hydrogen peroxide to help gingivitis. Your dentist will know if that is something to help in your case, in fact you may ask him if there are any extra things you can do. It should clear up and be more comfortable pretty soon.

I'm sure the whitening twice a day makes it way worse. But it makes me feel good about myself and I have my reasons so. maybe I'll try the hydrogen peroxide. Should burn less. THANK GOD! The current rinse brings tears to my eyes, too much alcohol in it I think..its like Listerine, but they have a product like ACT out now.

Thanks guys. Still waiting on the Vitamin E idea though?

Bio oil????? If its available where you are. Anything cool and soothing should be beneficial.

I'm sure the whitening twice a day makes it way worse. But it makes me feel good about myself and I have my reasons so. maybe I'll try the hydrogen peroxide. Should burn less. THANK GOD! The current rinse brings tears to my eyes, too much alcohol in it I think..its like Listerine, but they have a product like ACT out now.

Thanks guys. Still waiting on the Vitamin E idea though?

You could use the vitamin E if thats the only oil you have right now...but believe me, coconut oil will soothe that burn like a mofo unlike anythng else ;)

its a shame to not have any coconut oil in your home! Its the very best oil for cooking.

eating strawberries also helps with whitening teeth.

what kind of tooth brush are you using? i was using a tooth brush that i was told was way too big, and i thought that i was getting my teeth super clean. ends up it made my gum issues worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.